Utah Home Inspections

Lead Paint Testing

If you’re buying a home in Utah built before 1978, don’t risk exposure to lead. Make health and safety a priority when considering your new home. Lead is a toxic metal that was commonly used in exterior and interior paint before 1978, when there was a federal ban of its use in household paint. Overtime lead-based paint begins to chip and flake, making it much easier for us to accidentally ingest or inhale. Unfortunately, children are at a much higher risk than adults because of their tendency to put things in their mouths and the adolescent’s higher absorption of lead.

Call today to schedule a lead-based paint sampling test.